Top Commentators

Friday, September 3, 2010

Performance Killer: Dead Silence Music is one of the most important key elements in a magical performance especially if you are a stage performer. It

Posted on 10:43 AM by PIXSPECTIVE

Music is one of the most important key elements in a magical performance especially if you are a stage performer. It adds thrill to your performance and sometimes even put a story into the mix.

One instance where I realized this is during a corporate stage performance. A segment of my show requires music but all hell broke loose when the venue’s cd player won’t play my cd. The moment I realized this it was as if all my hair turned stiff. I panicked!

Good thing there’s a wifi connection in the venue and the organizer was kind enough to let me use her netbook to download substitute music from the net.

The question however is: ‘what if there wasn’t any wifi connection in the venue’ – my performance would really be killed.

In order to solve this, I made sure way plan with regards to securing music for a performance.

*** Before the show, make sure that you have a sound check.

Out #1: Bring 2 recorded discs

Out#2: Bring a netbook if not bring a USB

Out#3: Use my m3510 phone – its headset slot is similar to the ones used for speakers.

It always helps to have a back up plan because you’ll never know . . .

No Response to "Performance Killer: Dead Silence Music is one of the most important key elements in a magical performance especially if you are a stage performer. It"

Leave A Reply